fredag 1. april 2011

Copy, paste... and cheat?

Hey!
  Alright I am going to answer some questions aboute copy, pasting and cheating. Actually I think that this topic is intresting.

Why do you think so many students cheat on their exams and papers ("oppgaver")?
I think that studens cheat because they dont want to get the exame or the paper with bad grades. I mean they think that if they cheat will they got the right answer, and if they dont cheat will it go over their whole carrier. I think that every mistakes or bad

answer on any paper or exam, will learn us      something.
Example: if I have a test and I have to write ''Neighbours'' and I write ''Neiboors'' will I get a wrong answer, but after have understand the mistake will I remember that  have to wrie ''Neighbours'' not ''Neiboors''. Like I said, every mistakes in our lives will learn us something.

What is the difference between plagiarizing and quoting?
Plagiarizing is taht you copy a text from anything and wrtie it down. That is bad, because you don't learn something and you don't use your words. If write a text you have copy from the internet, and you got a ''A'' on it will you get an exellent text, but the bad thing is that you haven't write it. Quoting is to use text but wrtie it on you own word.                  

Why is it so important to name your sources?
It is important to use sources because then can your teacher or someone else see that you dont have copy or cheat. Example if you have written a text and wrote the source too, can you teacher click on it and see that you are not cheating.
Source for the picture: http://sociology.camden.rutgers.edu/jfm/plagiarism/plagiari.jpg:

2 kommentarer:

  1. Jenni: Thank you:)

    Lise: Thank you for sharing a link, actually i did not understood what qouting is:P

    SvarSlett